Dental Checkups & Exams
Dental Checkups and Exams for Patients in Cary
Here at Serene Smiles, we believe a visit to thedental office for a checkup can greatly increase your oral health. That’s why we offer comprehensive, comfortable and relaxing dental exams and teeth cleaning for residents of Cary, Apex, Morrisville and surrounding areas. If you’re in need of a basic checkup, a thorough dental cleaning or additional treatments such as X-rays, sealants or fluoride treatments, we can accommodate you here in our clean, state-of-the-art Cary facility.
Steps to Increase Your Oral Hygiene After a Cleaning
While regular checkups and exams will help identify problems and prevent tooth decay, there are a number of additional steps you can take at home to minimize your chances of experiencing decay or related problems:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, but ideally after each meal.
- Floss daily, ideally after each meal.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste and undergo regular fluoride treatments twice a year.
- Help ward off cavities by stimulating your mouth’s production of saliva, which helps dilute acids that can damage your teeth. Chewing sugarless gum is a good way to do this, particularly if you’re on the go.
- Avoid or minimize your intake of sweets, especially hard candies or caramels that tend to coat the inside of your mouth in sugar. When you do consume sugary foods, brush and floss as soon as possible after to reduce your chances of developing tooth decay.
By following these tips and visiting us regularly for dental exams, you can greatly reduce your risk of problems and help ensure a long-lasting, healthy and beautiful smile.
Serving Apex, Morrisville and Surrounding CommunitiesWhether you suspect a problem or simply need some preventative care, Serene Smiles can assist. Contact our office, proudly serving residents of Cary, Apex and Morrisville, North Carolina, at 919-460-7025 to schedule an appointment.
Serene Smiles Dentistry
600 Gathering Ste 102Phone: 919-460-7025
Cary, NC 27519
Cary, NC 27519
Tue - Fri: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Proud Providers of: Aetna, Ameritas, Assurant, BCBS, Cigna, Coventry, Delta Dental Premier, Denex Dental Healthcare, Dental Benefit Providers, Dentamax, GEHA, Guardian, Humana, Health Smart, Lincoln Financial, Metlife and United Healthcare.As a courtesy to our patients, we will file all other insurance for you.